The SAM Project facility doors are open on 22nd May 2019 to all eligible manufacturing SMES* across the North East LEP region.
Join SAM for the launch of the updated factories, where you can access the latest manufacturing technology and discover how the project can provide assistance to your business, both practical and research support (including implementation and process development) and the offer of grant funding.
Take a tour of the SAM factories:
- Improvement Factory – What is Industry4 and what does it mean to your business? We aim to show SMEs that I4 does not have to mean huge investments in futuristic equipment. Implementation of smaller capital investments and sensors providing data collection can make significant improvements to your current capacity & capability.
- Prototype & Innovation Factory – Housing various 3D printers (incl. metal printing) welding technology & design software (Solidworks).
- Production Factory – Equipped with a variety of CNC machines, Mobile Autonomous Robot (MAR) Robot & ancillary equipment, which opens up a vast array of opportunities for SMEs to see where this type of technology can fit into their business.
- Digital Factory – VR/AR demonstrations: Supporting your ability to interact with new technology relevant to the training and development of process operators and technical maintenance safely without interrupting production through the use of virtual reality & augmented reality eye tracking.
DATE: 22nd May 2019
TIME: Choose to attend the morning session 9:00am – 12:00pm or the afternoon session 1:00pm – 4:00pm. Lunch will be provided to all attendees from 12:00pm – 1:00pm
VENUE: The Industry Centre, Colima Avenue, Sunderland
For further information and to register your place on Eventbrite click here.
* PLEASE NOTE: This event is only open to manufacturing SME companies based in the North East LEP area: County Durham, Gateshead, Newcastle, North Tyneside, Northumberland, South Tyneside and Sunderland.